- Certainty creates boundaries, putting a box around what is possible and limiting your ability to create an alternative outcome. For instance, if an outcome seems certain, you have no incentive to try to change it.
- With uncertainty, the boundaries have not been set, the outcome is unknown, and the possibilities are endless. In an uncertain situation, you have every incentive to try to create the kind of outcome you want to see.
- This is why the status quo hates uncertainty and encourages us to seek the safety and comfort of certainty, thus preventing us from creating any kind of meaningful change.
- Leaders are those who learn to embrace uncertainty because they know within it lies the potential to drive and shape the future.
3 Ways I Can Help You Right Now:
- Get a Free Copy of my Book! Learn the top 3 skills that will equip you to create the future on YOUR terms. Get a FREE digital copy of my latest book, The 3 Skills You Must Have to Create the Future You Want to See
- Take 33% off The Future 3 Skills Builder Course Series! Master the 3 Skills quicker and with greater confidence by enrolling in, The Future 3: Skills Builder Course Series!
- Earn Your Official Certificate in Strategic Foresight from The University of Tennessee! Learn the same skills that innovators, industry disruptors, and change-makers have used to guide and shape the kind of future they wanted to see. All while earning your Certificate in Strategic Foresight from, Haslam College of Business, University of Tennessee, when you enroll in The Foresight Academy!
Get This Episode on iTunes or Wherever You Listen!