Covid 19 has been a major disruptive force on several fronts. But one front in particular is the increased consumption of news and information. As lockdowns and mandates were put in place early on, more and more people looked to their devices to keep them updated on the latest news and guidance. Early on this was absolutely essential as community leaders and citizens alike all needed to make informed decisions. But...
As time went on, making informed decisions became more difficult, getting lost in conjecture and hyper-partisan narratives. When you’re being pulled in so many different directions, bombarded with competing narratives, it’s easy to lose your ability to make informed decisions. And when you lose the ability to make informed decisions, you’re allowing your future to be created FOR you rather than BY you.
In this video I'm going to give you three ways to leverage the tools at your fingertips rather than being leveraged by them.
Here they are:
- SILENCE NOTIFICATIONS - I know this is something you’ve heard a thousand times but if there’s one thing you can do it’s to turn off all the notifications on ALL your devices. I know this is sacrilegious to some of you but ask yourself, how important is it that you’re notified every time someone comments on one of your connection’s social media posts?
- BE INTENTIONAL - This is so important and yes, I know it sounds like a buzz word but the fact is, most of us are not intentional with the near unlimited access to information that we have today. So, what do I mean by “BE intentional?” Simply put, you need to have a clear purpose or reason for taking action. For instance, if I get on my phone, I need to know what and why I’m doing it.
- REMEMBER THAT TECHNOLOGY IS JUST A TOOL - This is one that I really want you to remember because people in my field hyper focus on technology as the driver and creator of the future. But this is a misplaced idea. You see, technology is a tool. It requires human intention to be of any value. Think about it, when’s the last time you saw a hammer get up by its own volition and build a shed in your backyard? You haven’t because it’s a lifeless tool that needs human intention to make it useful.
3 Ways I Can Help You Right Now:
- Earn Your Official Certificate in Strategic Foresight from The University of Tennessee! Learn the same skills that innovators, industry disruptors, and change-makers have used to guide and shape the kind of future they wanted to see. All while earning your Certificate in Strategic Foresight from, Haslam College of Business, University of Tennessee, when you enroll in The Foresight Academy!
- Get a Free Copy of my Book! Learn the top 3 skills that will equip you to create the future on YOUR terms. Get a FREE digital copy of my latest book, The 3 Skills You Must Have to Create the Future You Want to See
- Take 33% off The Future 3 Skills Builder Course Series! Master the 3 Skills quicker and with greater confidence by enrolling in, The Future 3: Skills Builder Course Series!