- “Whose idea of the future are you creating?” This is usually the first question I ask when I start working with someone. Because the truth is most people are living by someone else’s idea of the future.
- This the fundamental problem with our relationship to the future: we allow someone else to set the parameters for the kind of future we create.
- As a futurist, I’ve come to realize that my most important job isn’t helping people PREPARE for the future, it’s helping them CREATE it.
- That means HOW they’re thinking about the future, the ideas they’re challenging, the questions they’re asking, the alternatives they’re imagining are more important than any prediction or forecast I could give them.
3 Ways I Can Help You Right Now:
- Get a Free Copy of my Book! Learn the top 3 skills that will equip you to create the future on YOUR terms. Get a FREE digital copy of my latest book, The 3 Skills You Must Have to Create the Future You Want to See
- Take 33% off The Future 3 Skills Builder Course Series! Master the 3 Skills quicker and with greater confidence by enrolling in, The Future 3: Skills Builder Course Series!
- Earn Your Official Certificate in Strategic Foresight from The University of Tennessee! Learn the same skills that innovators, industry disruptors, and change-makers have used to guide and shape the kind of future they wanted to see. All while earning your Certificate in Strategic Foresight from, Haslam College of Business, University of Tennessee, when you enroll in The Foresight Academy!
Get This Episode on iTunes or Wherever You Listen!