There’s a lot of talk about the importance of creating a culture of innovation. But the question remains for many, “What is a culture of innovation?” Is it just more corporate jargon that sounds smart but means nothing? Possibly. Or...
Is it a powerful concept that successful organizations, regardless of their industry, must consider if they’re serious about long-term success? Since I’m shooting a video on this topic, I’m obviously taking the latter position here. And if this idea is as powerful as I believe it is, then the obvious next question is, “How do YOU create a culture of innovation in your organization?”
In this video, I’m going to give you three simple ways to start creating a culture of innovation in your organization today.
Here they are:
- ENCOURAGE DISSENT. In other words, let your people know that, just because you’re the boss, that doesn’t mean YOUR ideas are the ONLY or BEST ideas.
- SELECT FOR DIVERSITY. Nothing makes an organization more vulnerable to outside disruption than uniformity. By “uniformity” I’m specifically referring to group think.
- CONVERT COMPETITORS. Now this may seem a bit counterintuitive but what better way to get out ahead of disruption to your industry than to be the one who’s initiating the #disruption?
3 Ways I Can Help You Right Now:
- Earn Your Official Certificate in Strategic Foresight from The University of Tennessee! Learn the same skills that innovators, industry disruptors, and change-makers have used to guide and shape the kind of future they wanted to see. All while earning your Certificate in Strategic Foresight from, Haslam College of Business, University of Tennessee, when you enroll in The Foresight Academy!
- Get a Free Copy of my Book! Learn the top 3 skills that will equip you to create the future on YOUR terms. Get a FREE digital copy of my latest book, The 3 Skills You Must Have to Create the Future You Want to See
- Take 33% off The Future 3 Skills Builder Course Series! Master the 3 Skills quicker and with greater confidence by enrolling in, The Future 3: Skills Builder Course Series!